Comfortable Dental Checkup
When you come to your first visit at Huntersville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Marra will make sure that you get a comprehensive dental exam that includes the following:
Make An Appointment with Us
- Examination of diagnostic 3D x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, Dental Crowns, etc.
Gentle, Professional Teeth Cleaning
Huntersville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry encourages the establishment of a regular program of dental cleanings. We believe that preserving proper oral health can allow you to maintain your teeth for a lifetime.
Dental cleanings (Dental Prophylaxis) are performed by one of our skilled and friendly Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (Tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed tooth brushing and scaling.