Think about this —if you broke a bone, you would go to a doctor’s office or a hospital and get the broken bone taken care of as soon as possible, right? Well, our teeth are even stronger than our bones and need the same kind of attention and care. The outer layer of our teeth is made up of enamel, which is the hardest substance in the body, but enamel can wear down over time due to an improper bite, food and other habits we all have. Our teeth do a lot for us on a daily basis, so here are a few reasons why you may consider visiting us at Huntersville Family and Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Repair damage – If a tooth becomes chipped, the surface of a tooth becomes uneven, or if you want to change the shape of your teeth, your cosmetic dentist can usually correct these problems. The process is called dental bonding or tooth bonding, and involves the application of composite resins with adhesives. Later, the resins are sealed with a high intensity curing light. Be sure to talk to Dr. Marra about your options!
- Whiten your teeth – In-office teeth whitening is one of the best methods available. Your gums are protected from the strong whitening agents, and this whitening method only affects the front eight teeth. Many whitening systems also have built-in enamel protection. Your teeth can whiten up to 10 shades in an hour. If any sensitivity issues arise, Dr. Marra can easily help you manage this.
- Gain confidence – Your smile can make or break your confidence in many ways. It impacts the opinion others have of you not only socially, but professionally. A better, healthier looking smile can give you the confidence you need to put yourself out there and succeed in life! The team at Huntersville Family and Cosmetic Dentistry can offer many options on how to improve your confidence and smile.
- Replace missing teeth – The most efficient way to replace a missing tooth is with a dental implant. They are made of lightweight titanium, and surgically placed into the jaw. Then, the implant is topped with a crown. Talk to Dr. Marra and his team today about the dental implant process!
- Straighten your teeth – If you’re looking to get straighter, whiter teeth without getting braces, consider porcelain veneers. They are thin, porcelain shells custom made to fit the size and shape of your teeth. They are bonded to the front of your teeth using adhesives, and usually last for years. Porcelain is a very durable material and resistant to stains. If you’re interested in porcelain veneers, contact Dr. Marra!
If you’re interested in any of these cosmetic dentistry services, or any others not listed above, please contact Dr. Anthony Marra at Huntersville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry! Dr. Marra and his team currently serve Mooresville, Davidson, Huntersville, Charlotte, and other surrounding areas.