If you are thinking of whitening your teeth, then you should speak with a dentist. Why? Well, have you read the latest home remedies? They’re not the best solutions. You can use the baking soda teeth whitening method because it consists of peroxide that can whiten teeth. The problem, though, is it doesn’t remove tough stains caused by caffeine or nicotine, and lightens your teeth only one shade lighter.
You can use other home remedies like the coconut oil pulling, or apple cider vinegar, but those techniques don’t actually yield results. Note, any type of vinegar is acidic and can damage tooth enamel. You can use whitening products, like whitening gel or strips, if stains are mild, but don’t expect a sparkly smile like the one your dentist can provide.
How does professional teeth whitening work?
Your dentist begins the whitening treatment like this:
- Your dentist asks about your medical history and if you’re allergic to any medicine before the procedure.
- He/she will examine your teeth first to make sure you don’t have cavities or other dental problems. If your teeth need some repair work done first, then your dentist will deal with that, then start the whitening treatment.
- The treatment starts with a cleaning procedure. The procedure removes stains and plaque buildup off the surface of your teeth.
- Next, a plastic material called the protector is placed onto your gums to protect them from the bleaching material.
- Then, a gel with hydrogen peroxide is applied directly to the teeth and is activated using blue plasma light technology. The blue light helps speed up the bleaching process. The process takes about one hour.
When you’re done, avoid tobacco, caffeine, or any food that stains teeth for at least 72 hours after the treatment. NanoSeal Total+ can be applied at the end of the treatment so patients can eat or drink anything after the treatment.
Benefits of professional teeth whitening
Let’s discuss some of the benefits of professional whitening.
1. It is cost-effective
You can whiten your teeth without breaking the bank. Getting your teeth whitened is an investment. You pay for your treatment and later reap all the benefits, like self-confidence. Once you are done getting your teeth white, you can use teeth whitening kits at home to keep maintain teeth.
2. Boosts your self-confidence
A pearly white smile affects how people perceive you. A whiter smile means you take your dental and oral health seriously. When you have visibly whiter teeth, your smile gives off the impression that you are a person with self-confidence.
3. Custom made treatments
That’s right! This is an advantage that most over-the-counter treatments fail to offer. Professional whitening treatment can be customized to give you the perfect result. Your dentist will deal with areas that need more precise treatment.
4. Safe and comfortable environment
If your heart races at the thought of going to a dentist, you don’t need to worry. The whitening procedure takes place in a safe place. Your dentist’s first priority is to make sure you are feeling absolutely comfortable. Getting your teeth whitened from an expert means no fear of pain.
5. Faster results
Remember the blue light technology we talked about in the previous paragraphs? The light helps speed up the procedure so you have a sparkling smile within an hour.
How much does teeth whitening cost?
[sc_fs_faq sc_id=”fs_faq8nafmzgkb” html=”false” headline=”h2″ img=”” question=”How much does teeth whitening cost?” img_alt=”” css_class=”” ]Modern teeth whitening treatment (laser teeth whitening) requires an estimate of $450-$650 per visit. You get super-fast results that last up to 6 months or more.[/sc_fs_faq]Modern teeth whitening treatment (laser teeth whitening) requires an estimate of $450-$650 per visit. You get super-fast results that last up to 6 months or more.
Teeth whitening near me – Huntersville NC
If you are searching for teeth whitening services in Huntersville, NC, contact us at Huntersville Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. We provide the best teeth whitening in Huntersville. Visit our website for scheduling an appointment or call us on 704-892-7866.
Need An Appointment with Our Dentist in Huntersville NC?