Is Teeth Whitening right for you?
Do you need professional teeth whitening treatment?
Professional teeth whitening is the process by which Dr. Marra, a dentist in Huntersville NC, whitens your teeth to create a more appealing smile. The teeth whitening process is a fast, effective and long lasting solution for getting rid of stains on both the Intrinsic (dentin or middle) layer and Extrinsic (enamel or top) layer of the teeth.
For truly whitened teeth, both layers will need to be treated. Otherwise, the dentin layer will still reflect a yellowish color on the enamel layer.
Typically at-home teeth whitening products are helpful when whitening the top layer. Intrinsic layer staining can be treated at home only if the product you use contains carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide. To effectively treat stains on the innermost layer you should consider allowing a professional to handle your teeth whitening.
Top 5 Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
You may be tempted to go out and purchase an at-home whitening kit to achieve the look you desire. At-home kits are helpful for short-term whitening and they are no match for what a professional teeth whitening can do for you. Here are some of our top 5 benefits of professional teeth whitening:
- Improves Self-Confidence – Don’t cover your smile let it shine, but to do so you’ll want to have a smile that you are proud of. In both, your professional and personal life proper grooming will give you a more confident feeling. You are your best when you are confident.
- Better Oral Health – Although the teeth whitening process will not address an oral health disease, a whiter smile will help you to be more motivated to complete your oral care routine twice daily. Seeing your teeth in a more appealing state is encouraging. You’ll want to maintain this look, to do so you will have to maintain a proper oral care routine.
- Thorough and Longer lasting effect – A dentist will treat your teeth to ensure that not only are they whitened but also free from plaque and tartar buildup. At-home whitening options do not offer any solution for stains that exist as a result of hardened tartar buildup.
- Faster and More Reliable – Professional teeth whitening work faster and the treatment is more reliable. One trip to the dentist and you’re done. There is no series of sessions or daily strips that need to be applied.
- Treatment Tailored To YOU– Not all teeth and stains are the same, so the one-size fits all method you use with an at-home whitening kit is the experience you’ll have when you have a professional teeth whitening procedure. In-office treatment allows the dentist to tailor the treatment to your needs, providing more or less whitening products to teeth that may need more or less. This allows you to have an even whitened smile, no more dealing with varied levels of whiteness on your teeth. They’ll all be the perfect shade of white.
We know, it’s tempting to rush out to the pharmacy and pick up whichever whitening product’s package design looks best to you. However, you should remember that dentist are trained professionals who can help you achieve the look you desire much faster and the look will last much longer.
To discuss teeth whitening options with Dr. Marra at Huntersville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, make an appointment online or call.
Need An Appointment with Our Dentist in Huntersville NC?